Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Taste of Hawaii Adventure!

Nyamo here!

The summer's nearly up, but I've found myself a nice little vacation spot for now. Where have I adventured to this time? Hawaii! That's right! The amazingly beautiful tropical islands in the middle of the Pacific. It's a big change from being in Chicago for so long, ne?

Being here in Hawaii made me think of the time I adventured with a few friends from IIT's Hawaii Club to Aloha Eats in Chicago. I just had to dig up some pictures from that delicious adventure.

I was soo excited to eat some authentic local Hawaiian food. My friends said the chicken katsu was the best!

The chicken katsu sure looked oishii! And look! Is that a bowl of curry, too?

Taking my first bite of katsu. Mmmmmm! Totemo oishikatta! It was very yummy!

I washed down all that good food with another local Hawaii favorite, fruit punch. Definitely not like the Hawaiian Punch you can buy in the stores. I was surprised!

And there's no better ending to a great adventure with friends than with some dessert. The Hawaii Club members all shared some of this haupia with each other and with me. I wasn't sure I'd like the coconut, but I decided to be adventurous and give it a try, nya. It was interesting!

So, now that I'm in Hawaii, I can taste all these delicious flavors AND MORE! I love trying new food, especially when it's so yummy! =^ω^= And I should have some more Hawaii adventures up soon. I get so carried away with relaxing here that I forget to share my adventures with all of you. =^^=

Aloha!
~Nyamo


No comments:

Post a Comment