Wednesday, March 25, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Adventure

Nyamo here again! It's been a while since my last post but that's because I've been really busy adventuring around Chicago for the past couple weeks. Most of my adventuring downtown started on St. Patrick's Day two weeks ago. I heard from a friend that they always dye the Chicago River green to celebrate the holiday and I just had to see for myself.















There was a lot of waiting that morning. I had to wake up early to find a spot in the crowd with a good view of the river.















Luckily, I made a few good friends while waiting. They were just as excited as I was to see the river being dyed! I wish I asked this guy where he got his cool shades. =>.<=















I found a leprechaun that day too! But he wouldn't tell me where his pot of gold was. =T_T=















There were a lot of mounted police near the river that day. I almost thought I was in Canada for a minute! =^^;=















Finally, a green river! It was really exciting when they finally came around in the boat with the dye. The whole crowd was going wild! I really hope I can see it again next year!!!

~Nyamo

2 comments: